Composting Council [www.compostingcouncil.org]
- The USCC is a trade and professional organization promoting
compost. They provide a unified voice for the growing composting
Council of Canada [www.compost.org]
- The Composting Council of Canada is a national non-profit, member-driven
organization with a charter to advocate and advance composting
and compost usage. It serves as the central resource and network
for the composting industry in Canada and, through its members,
contributes to the environmental sustainability of the communities
in which they operate.
Association for Organics Recycling [www.organics-recycling.org.uk]
- The Association for Organics Recycling is the UK's membership organization
that researches and promotes best practice in composting and the
uses of composts. The Association acts as a central resource for
composting, researching, collecting and disseminating information.
- The United States Environmental Protection Agency's website
has information, publications, educational resources and laws
& regulations regarding composting.
of Composting [www.jgpress.com]
- BioCycle: The information source on composting and recycling
wastes and In Business: Magazine for sustainable enterprises and
The American Biogas Council [www.americanbiogascouncil.org]
- represents a full range of renewable biogas and anaerobic digestion interests including manufacturers, engineering firms, feasibility firms, project developers, legal firms, education organizations, utilities, financiers and local and regional government. We are the advocate for building the business for biogas in the U.S.
EPA's GreenScapes program provides cost-efficient and environmentally
friendly solutions for large-scale landscaping. Designed to help
preserve natural resources and prevent waste and pollution, GreenScapes
encourages entities to make more holistic decisions regarding
waste generation and disposal and the associated impacts on land,
water, air, and energy use.
Organic Materials Review Institute [www.omri.org]-
The Organic Materials Review Institute provides certifiers, growers, manufacturers and suppliers an independent review of products intended for use in certified organic production, handling, and processing.
Washington State Website on Soil Building: